Special Events and Communications Intern
Status: Part-time, unpaid internship; January 2018 – May 2018(negotiable)
Reports To: Operations Manager
Overview of Position: Assist in planning and executing WCO’s annual spring gala (April 2018), and additional cultivation events. The ideal candidate is an aspiring nonprofit professional who is organized, a fast learner, and has an appreciation for the performing arts. Working with a small team in this fast-paced and highly visible office provides exciting hands-on experience, and the opportunity to gain new skills and network with leaders in the Washington, DC arts community. Some weekend and evening work is required.
• Manage and implement special events content for WCO website, social media, and e-communications.
• Oversee the gala’s silent auction, including but not limited to the organization of items, maintenance of the auction’s online catalog, set up on the day of, and item fulfillment.
• Assist with check in at events, and will call at performances.
• Coordinate invitations, promotional materials, and programs for events and performances.
• Update guest registration, seating information, and related data entry.
• Serve as a point person for day of event and performance logistics.
• Assist with donor acknowledgement and guest follow-up.
• Junior or senior standing undergraduate or graduate student, preferably with an interest in nonprofit management and/or event planning. Coursework/experience in related fields preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based platforms (e-marketing, social media). Experience with donor database software (especially Patron Manager) a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
• Detail-oriented, resourceful, and creative.
• Outgoing, energetic, and positive personality.
Hours: 12+ hours/week, TBD. Academic credit is also highly encouraged and available upon school approval.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter that addresses your qualifications for this position to email@example.com.