Special Events and Communications Intern
Status: Part-time, unpaid internship; January 2017 – May 2017 (negotiable)
Reports To: Executive Director
Overview of Position: Assist in planning and executing our annual spring gala on May 11, 2017, and additional WCO spring events. The internship is ideal for an aspiring non-profit professional who is highly organized, a fast learner, and who enjoys the performing arts. This experience provides exciting hands-on experience, and the opportunity to gain new skills and to network with leaders in the Washington, DC arts community. Some weekend and evening work is required.
• Coordinate invitations, promotional materials, and programs and assist in sponsor solicitation.
• Update guest registration, seating information, and related data entry.
• Assist in communications around event management, including timelines, calendars, and reports.
• Manage event staff and volunteers, and assist in logistics of event.
• Insure special events content on the WCO website, social media, and e-communications are updated.
• Assist with donor acknowledgement and guest follow-up.
• Junior or senior standing undergraduate or graduate student, preferably with an interest in non-profit management and/or event planning. Coursework/experience in related fields preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based platforms (Constant Contact, social media). Experience with donor database software (preferably Patron Manager) a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Maintain a professional demeanor.
• Detailed-oriented, resourceful, and creative.
• Outgoing, energetic, and positive personality.
Hours: 12+ hours/week, TBD. Academic credit is also highly encouraged and available upon school approval.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter that addresses your qualifications for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.